How I Keep My Hair Hydrated with this All Natural, DIY Hair Mask!
I recently decided to do a little colouring of my hair. Nothing at the roots because I know me, and if it requires upkeep, count me out. But I found that my hair instantly became drier where the colour was stripped out. I was so used to really silky hair, but now I have some breakage and my hair tangles so much easier.
Sigh.... So now my relatively easy hair is a bit more work. Instead of using a hair mask once or twice a month, I'm not using one at least once a week. And if you know hair masks, they are p.r.i.c.e.y!! So I've started using natural ingredients for relatively the same results. Here's my favourite.
1. 1 egg white
2. Juice from ½ lemon
3. 6-1- tbsp of Coconut Cream (depending on how long your hair is)
1. Squeeze one half of a lemon into a mixing bowl. I run through a strainer to remove seeds and pulp.
3. Whisk in an egg white until you have a smooth consistency.
4. Whisk in your coconut cream.
4. Apply to damp hair from top to bottom and massage from scalp to roots.
5. Tie hair up with a hair tie and cover with a shower cap or plastic wrap then wrap in a towel.
6. Let your mask sit for around 30-45 minutes and follow with shampoo and conditioner.
Why are these ingredients good for your hair? Glad you asked!
EGGS are a rich source of protein, fatty acids along with many essential vitamins. They help your hair look luscious and shiny. Egg whites are a natural hair conditioner and they're a protein - just like your hair!